If you’re a regular snapper you know that almost EVERYONE turns into a master chef when they’re cooking on SnapChat. The playlist is usually either super sexy or super ratchet and impressive plating is a must – major keys in the production LOL. (seriously) But I have to admit it is one of my guilty pleasures too. So here we are, letting my snap live on on my blog forever.
On the Menu:
Sriracha Green Beans
- 1/2 lb of raw, deveined and peeled shrimp (remove tails)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Rinse shrimp thoroughly in cold water and remove tails. Place in a bowl for seasoning.
- Apply salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the raw shrimp and mix with your hands until seasoned evenly.
- Add sesame seed oil to saucepan.
- Place shrimp in pan and drizzle honey on top. Apply low-medium heat. Sear for 1-2 minutes on each side until brown and caramelized.
Sriracha Green Beans
- 2 handfuls fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (fresh crushed garlic would be amazing if you have some)
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Rinse green beans thoroughly in cold water and place on cutting board. Cut ends off.
- Apply sesame oil to saucepan. Add sriracha sauce and garlic powder. Mix together. Set heat to medium.
- Place green beans to mixture in pan.
- Toss green beans around so that they are coated with the sauce mixture.
- Sauté for 3 minute. Then add soy sauce on top of the green beans. Toss again and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add a pinch of salt and pepper over green beans.
The last step is to boil some rice. I chose Jasmine rice but you could use whatever rice you prefer! Once finished, drain and get crafty while preparing your plate. I packed the rice into a small bowl, placed a plate on top of the bow, and then flipped the plate & bowl over to get a perfect rice pile. Add the green beans and shrimp to your plate and enjoy!
Here are a few extra pictures!
If you try this recipe let me know your thoughts in the comments section below! I thought the honey shrimp and sriracha paired really well together but I’m curious to know what you guys think!! Oh, and if you post it on IG or Twitter, tag my page and #cookingwithBritt.
PS. In case you were wondering, I was listening to Tank’s Sex Love & Pain II while cooking this meal. #sexyAF 🙂