Life can be really tough at times. It’s nonstop, includes other people and their lives, and can take some crazy turns at the last minute. But one of the best things you can do to be on your A game is to be able to recognize when you’ve fallen off… or are on the verge of falling off. lol
Here are 5 signs that you need to slow down in life.
1. Forgetfulness. We all have those moments when we have so much going on in our heads that we forget why we have walked into a room three times looking for something but can’t remember what, forgotten about a commitment we made previously, or even acknowledging an important date to someone you love. I’d be lying if I said I’ve never forgotten a friend or family member’s birthday. And I’d still be lying if I said I didn’t feel terrible about it. But what it did teach me is how important it is to be a really good planner. Find time to plan out important dates in advance, and even set reminders to give you a heads up a few days to a few weeks prior.
2. Misplacing things. This could also be considered a part of forgetfulness. But when you really think about it, it’s a little different. Think about the days when you stop at home to freshen up before rushing back out to an event. Usually there’s a good 5-10 minutes wasted looking for your car keys, right? Or what about when you return back to your home from an eventful trip and realize you left your sunglasses in your rental…. back in California. It could be anything really. But my point is that when you’re on the go and running on autopilot you skip check points that you usually make when you are in your “right mind.”
3. Damaging things. How many iPhone chargers have you replaced over the past few years? What about when you reach for something so fast that you break a nail? Or drop your phone because you’re trying to eliminate trips and have fifty ‘leven things in your hands? When you take your time, you are able to take better care of the things that you value. You don’t just handle them any kind of way!
4. The obvious – constantly sleepy. Not only when you are ripping and running physically, but when your mind is constantly running on OT you can literally exhaust yourself. And nothing reduces quality at work/school more than exhaustion. No Bueno. Moral of the story, get you some sleep.
5. Unable to maintain budget. When life comes at you fast, your money goes even faster. I promise. The more you do, the more you swipe your card! Then you’re adding on tips, paying for that parking ticket from your expired meter, and eating double meals trying to connect with all your friends – or is that just me? LOL Anyway, the fast life can be super expensive. Beware. Don’t go out. Swiper no swiping!
PHEW! Did you identify with any of these points? How do you know when you are doing too much? Drop a comment below!